I helped develop the complex menu UI of guild system in Sdorica.
- Complex state machine
- UI animations or data downloading will be interrupted
- Conflicts during development
- Like VOEZ, we made use of MVC pattern and nested controllers.
- Divide large operations into small jobs, then execute them sequencially. Therefore, interruptations are allowed between jobs.
- There were several ways to resolve conflicts
- Those who had modified components were responsible to fix bugs
- Different teams had their own branches
- We had two development branches, one is for active development, the other is for resolving conflicts
What I learnt
- Collabration with colleagues and different teams (including artists)
- “Monad” concept in functional programming